- 09/24/2019: Intent to attend PI meeting survey
- 09/21/2019: Meeting dates confirmed: April 29th 5PM CST to May 1st 3PM CST, 2020
- 09/21/2019: Meeting venue confirmed: Hyatt Regency Chicago (151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601)
- 09/21/2019: Hotel reservations open at a group rate of $209/night (discounted room rates on April 2nd, 2020)
- 09/21/2019: Website for NSF CISE REU Site PI Meeting 2020 is live
This website supports the community of the National Science Foundation (NSF) Computer Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Directorate Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Sites. The REU Site PI Meeting 2020 will facilitate an open discussion forum among seasoned PIs, new PIs, and NSF CISE REU program officers on the state-of-practice of running successful REU sites. The goal is to gather the Principal Investigators (PI) of the active CISE-funded REU Sites, the PIs' teams, and the REU program officers in a productive conversation about what strategies work best towards achieving the REU goals of encouraging domestic undergraduate students to pursue graduate school. This meeting is aimed at active CISE REU sites and is not open to those simply interested in preparing a proposal to the REU site program. The meeting will take place at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago Illinois, from April 29th, 2020 at 5PM CST to May 1st, 2020 at 3PM CST. This event is organized by faculty members from DePaul University, Illinois Institute of Technology, University of Chicago, and Temple University. More information on the logistics can be found here. If you have any questions, please reach out to the local meeting organizers by sending email to email@example.com.